There is nothing worse than the smell of smoke in your car.
It can be challenging to get rid of the smell, but with a little effort, it can be done.
In this article, we will provide a few tips on how to get rid of the smoke smell from your car.
We will also provide a few tips on how to prevent the smoke smell from returning.
Requirements for removing smoke smell from your car:
- Baking Soda
- All in one, cleaner
If you’re a smoker, there’s a good chance your car smells like cigarettes.
And while you may not mind the smell, others likely do.
If you want to get rid of the smoke smell from your car, follow these tips:
1. Get a deodorizer:
There are many different types of deodorizers on the market, but the most common type is an aerosol spray, so find one specifically designed to remove smoke smells.
Please place it in your car and let it work its magic. Just put up the deodorizer in the car, and it will produce fragrance after some time.
A tested way is to either turn the A/C Off and spray the deodorizer in it and then turn it on, or find the HVAC air intake pipe and put it in it.
This will help diffuse the smoke smell easily and quickly.
2. Open the windows:
Crack open all of the windows in your car and let in some fresh air.
The fresh air will help to dissipate the smoke smell. It is recommended to open all windows while the car is moving, so more moving air enters and takes in the smoke smell and exits from other windows.
You can open windows a mile before reaching your house for quick smell prevention.
3. Vacuum the seats and carpets:
Vacuuming the seats and carpets will help to remove any cigarette residue that may be hanging around.
Clean the surface with pressure to remove any ashes from the car’s trims.
How to remove smoke smell from interior trims of your car
There are a few ways to remove the smell of smoke from leather. The easiest way is to buy a commercial deodorizer.
These can be found at most automotive stores or online.
If you choose this method, read the instructions carefully and test the product in an inconspicuous area before using it on your car’s interior.
Make your deodorizing solution:
- Combine one part white vinegar with two parts water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture onto the leather and then dry it with a cloth.
- Be sure to test this solution in an inconspicuous area first, as vinegar can be corrosive.
- Use all in one interior cleaner to refresh the interior
- Wipe it off with a wet cloth
- One way to remove the smoke smell from leather is to use a baking soda paste.
- Mix baking soda with water until it forms a thick paste.
- Apply it to the leather seats and let it sit for about an hour.
- After an hour, wipe the seats clean with a damp cloth.
- Another way to remove the smoke smell from leather is to use vinegar.
- Pour white vinegar onto a cloth and apply it to the seats.
- Let the vinegar sit for about 15 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a clean cloth.
How to prevent smoke smell in car
- There are a few ways to prevent the smell of smoke in your car. One way is to roll down the windows before smoking. This will help air out the smoke and prevent the odor from staying in the car.
- Another way is to use an air freshener right after smoking. Many different types of air fresheners can be used, and most of them work well at hiding the smell of smoke.
- Lastly, another way to avoid smoky cars is to smoke outside. This may be inconvenient, but it will keep your vehicle from smelling like smoke. If your car is new, it’s better to smoke outside the vehicle as this will also increase the life of the interior and the fragrance.